The Modicon Quantum PLC provides a scalable, modular architecture that is configurable to meet the needs of even the most critical solutions from a single rack system to a plant-wide architecture. This scalability combined with class-leading performance makes the Modicon Quantum PLC ideally suited for industries that require continuous operation and rapid responsiveness to achieve optimum cycle times.
Modicon Quantum PLC`s offer integrated communication connectivity, extensive diagnostics functionality and exceptional memory and data storage capability. When combined with Unity Pro programming software, all of this works together to simplify configuration, application development, commissioning and life-cycle management, which not only reduces the cost of installation but the cost of ownership as well.
What you need to know
- Shares the same programming software with the other Modicon industrial PLCs including the SIL3 Modicon Quantum Safety PLC.
- Class-leading high availability architecture to control time-sensitive applications that cannot tolerate unscheduled downtime.
- Adheres to open standards for communications including Ethernet Modbus® TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP (the new ODVA standard for EtherNet/IP incorporates Modbus TCP/IP), Profibus and others.
- Unity Pro™ includes five different programming editors that can be used to optimize application code for unique algorithms or other special control issues.
Quantum provides well-balanced CPUs able to provide leading performance from boolean to floating-point instruction…
- 5 IEC languages as standard: LD, ST, FBD, SFC, IL
- High-level multitasking system
- Memory capacity up to 7 Mb using PCMCIA extensions
- Specially shaped for process control applications with conformal coated modules, intrinsically safe IOs and an extensive catalogue of partner modules
- Safety processors and I/O modules
- Plug & Play high-performance Hot-Standby solutions with LCD keypad for local monitoring
- In-rack connectivity to Profibus-DP
Numerous built-in ports (ISB port, Ethernet TCP/IP port with Web server, Modbus Plus and at least one Modbus serial port) on the front panel
Offering a large range of processors, Modicon Quantum is ideal for complex processes. The power of its processors results in optimum cycle times, while integrating ever more communication functions, diagnostics, memory flexibility and data storage. The Quantum Safety system is now available, certified TUV Rheinland, simple to use and ready to be integrated in your automated system.
- Process control
To find out more about Schneider Electric / Square D Modicon call (303) 623-5313